- My Rating: B
Ale Brewed w/ Anaheim & Marash Chilies – New Belgium Brewing & Cigar City Brewing Collaboration, 8.5% ABV – 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., (Fort Collins, Colorado, USA)
Printed n the front right-side:
“We’re about to light up Florida with this Cigar City collaborative brew. Our Belgian yeast tangos with Anaheim and Marash peppers along with loads of citrusy hops to create an ale full of spice. Aged on Spanish cedar to salute our mutual love for wood!”
- Style: (Anaheim, Marash Chili, Spanish Cedar) Barrel-aged Spiced Ale
- Taste: Sweet orange citrus sweet caramel malty pepper woody heat
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor Store
- How much: $11 (5% off) – 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., March 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours clear copper-orange with a smallish head, thin sticky lacing, a thin layer of retention, several slow streams.
Nose: caramel malts, mild but apparent orange citrus (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: light oily, crisp mouthfeel, bitter hops
Mid-palate: immediate pepper vegginess, light tingly, (lvl-6)-sweetness, (MAIN) caramel malts, orange
Finish: light spicy heat, soft citrus bitter hops, woody malty sweet finish.
Summary: Great full-bodied flavour, complexity and mouthfeel. I particularly dig the balanced citrus and heat elements.