- My Rating: C+
Osprey Pear White IPA– The Tin Whistle Brewing Co., 6.5% ABV – 650ml, (Penticton, BC, Canada)
On the front side label:
“This unfiltered White IPA combines the fruity, aromatic character of Belgian yeast with pear and apple forward hops and fresh pressed Okanagan pears to create a beer that soars to new heights.”
- Style: (Pear) Flavoured White IPA
- Taste Profile: Bright wheat malt pear bitter peel hops
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5.75 – 650ml, July 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours golden deep yellow with a smallish lasting creamy head, a bit of lacing, clusters of medium-speed activity.
Nose: fruity wheat malts, pear, Riesling wine. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp tingly, pear
Mid-palate: bitter hops, (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) wheat malts, pear, hints of red apple
Finish: breadiness, bitter peel biting hoppiness, dry bitter hopped finish.
Summary: Good transition from pear fruity malts to bitter hops. Quite drinkable but not a whole lot of depth. The body fades at the finish. Decent.