- My Rating: A-
Blueberry Dessert Wine (Port Style) (NV) – Silverside Farm, 18.0% ABV – 375ml., (Cobble Hill, BC, Canada)
on the back label:
“The rich flavour of this wine comes from the Sweet blueberries picked in British Columbia and ripened to perfection in the long days of summer.”
- Style: (Blueberry) Fortified Dessert Wine
- Taste: Luscious blueberry-black raspberry fruity warm alcoholic
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor Store
- How much: $24 (after 5% off), ($20 online) – 375ml., March 2014
- Do I love this enough to buy it again: unlikely
- Would I recommend this to dessert wine aficionados: yes, but be prepared for the alcohol hit
Visual: “All Canadian Wine Championships Silver“. Pours deep magenta, some miniscule cork floaties on the surface.
Nose: Fragrant pressed blueberry juice, very berry-esque. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: incoming deep dark fruit, alcohol
Mid-palate: (lvl-8)-sweetness, (MAIN) blueberries, black raspberry, alcohol detection, raisin -> wine acidity/medium tangy/zing
Finish: medium tart, alcohol warmth, berry fruit finish with lingering tartness.
Summary: Great depth of blueberry flavoured paired with balanced alcoholic warmth. Supremely sippable.