- My Rating: C+
Pomula Exotic Pomegranate and Marula Fruit Spritz, 5.5% ABV – 750ml., (Wellington, South Africa)
on the back label:
“POMULA Wine Spritz is a blend of wine, fruit juice, and Pomegranate and Marulu [sic] fruit flavours. This perfect balance of exotic fruit flavours offer a celebration in every glass.”
Ingredients: wine, fruit juice, water, grape concentrate, flavours, carbon dioxide.
- Style: (pomegranate, marula) Flavoured White Wine
- Taste: Fruity crisp tingly grape-pomegranate
- Where I got it : Liquor Depot @ Cambie
- How much: $10 – 750ml., January 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to wine aficionados: no, but it does drink easy
Visual: Screw cap for your convenience. Pours light rosé pink with quickly dissipating bubbles, and tiny bubbles hugging the perimeter.
Nose: Very fruity pomegranate-grape-raspberry. Lovely and enticing. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: ultra crisp, tingly bubbles, incoming sugars
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) red grape, faint pomegranate
Finish: light tart, light wine alcohol bitterness, light burpy, fruity manageable sugary finish
Summary: A very approachable and drinkable spritz. Good texture, easy-going flavour and friendly on the wallet. I doubt there’s any actual marula or pomegranate in there but I didn’t expect so.