- My Rating: C+
Shamrocker Potato Stout – Granville Island Brewery, 4.8% ABV – 650ml, (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
On the front-side label:
“Get ready to rock out to this dry Irish stout. With amped up tones of roasted coffee, it’s a medley of Celtic proportions.”
- Style: Dry Stout
- Taste: Roasted malt burnt coffee cocoa
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor Store
- How much: $7 (after 10% off) – 650ml., March 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Part of the ‘Black Notebook Series‘. Pours ultra dark brown/black with a smallish quickly dissipating head, barely any lacing, lots of micro streams.
Nose: roasted burnt malts (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp, incoming roasted malts
Mid-palate: airy, fizzy, (lvl-3)-sweetness, (MAIN) roasted caramel malts, burnt coffee, cocoa
Finish: tingly-fizzy mouthfeel, potato, roasted malted light bitter hopped finish.
Summary: Decent flavours, a little thin bodied in the mid to finish. Just a little too tingly-fizzy for me.