- My Rating: B-
Brùton St.Renna (Christmas Special Beer) – Birrificio Brùton, 9% ABV – 750ml., (Lucca, Italy)
- Style: (Christmas) Spiced Strong Ale
- Taste: Brown sugar caramel malt nutmeg whiskey
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
How much: $15 (after 10% off) – 750ml., January 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 50/50 after some thought
Visual: Underneath the bottle cap is a fitted plastic bottle seal, a first that I’ve ever seen. Pours translucent medium dark cola brown with a minimal dissipating head, thin ringed retention, lots of micro bubbly streams.
Nose: very brown sugary malty, candi sugar (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: incoming sweet malts, alcoholic
Mid-palate: tingly-silky mouthfeel/little CO2, (lvl-6)-sweetness, (MAIN) heavy caramel malts, brown sugar, nutmeg, fig/date dark fruit, whiskey
Finish: mild coriander dryness, boozy, malty light bitter-med sweet finish.
Summary: A quality brew with great body, good flavours and good drinkability.