- My Rating: B
Red Wheat Wine Year One Anniversary Ale – Moon Under Water Brewery, 11.5% ABV – 750ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada)
on the front label:
“This brew is a huge DANKE to our families, staff, old friends and new friends who helped us make it through our first year. Brewed to be shared, this strong red wheat wine was hopped throughout with Citra and then fermented dry with three yeast strains on yellow birch. Prost from Anne, Chelsea, Clay and Steve!”
- Style: (Red Wheat) Barley Wine
- Taste: Fizzy-creamy alcoholic peach caramel malted hopped bitter
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek Liquor Store
How much: $11 (after 10% off) – 750ml., October 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: if you can handle strong beers
Visual: Bottles are individually numbered. Pours pale golden hazy orange with a good-sized lasting creamy head, a nice layer of retention, sticky lacing, lots of clustered activity.
Nose: stonefruit-fruity malts, faint. (lvl-2)-pungency.
Attack: super creamy, tingly-fizzy
Finish: alcohol detection, sharp bitter hops, woodiness, palate heaviness, boozy malty-hopped finish.
Summary: Quite smooth and drinkable for 11.5%, although it hits rather hard after continuous sipping.