- My Rating: C+
Seven Swans a Swimming – Buckerfield’s Brewery, 7% ABV – 650ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada)
- Style: (Raisins, spices) Spiced Saison
- Taste: Sweet alcoholic prune Sprite raisin bitter hops
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
How much: $5 (after 10% off) –650ml., January 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not fully
Visual: Pours hazy golden orange-brown with a smallish creamy head, a thin layer of retention, lots of steady streams.
Nose: fruity apple and white grape juice. (lvl-4)-pungency.
Attack: super crisp, incoming sweetness
Mid-palate: immediate alcohol detection, light-medium sour, (lvl-8)-sweetness, (MAIN) prune, Sprite (lemon/lime soda), toffee malts,
Finish: raisin, mild bitter hopped tingly sweet finish.
Summary: This one is a little too aggressively sweet on my palate, but does have interesting flavours. Overall I enjoyed the textures and flavours but not the sugary/booze hit.