- My Rating: D+
Waggle Dance – Wells, 5.0% ABV – 650ml., (Bedford, UK)
- Style: (honey) Flavoured Ale
- Taste: Crisp barley honey malt dry finish
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
How much: $4 (after 10% off) – 650ml., September 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours cloudy marmalade orange with a small creamy dissipating head, thin ringed retention, some sticky lacing, not much activity other than few bubbles surfacing.
Nose: honey and a bit of malts, but otherwise muted (lvl-2)-pungency
Attack: crisp sweet
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) barley malt, mild caramel
Finish: hoppy dry-rough, honey aftertaste, burpy.
Summary: Surprisingly, this one is quite bland, almost a meal beer (as in not much flavour, just something crisp to clean the palate). Quite disappointing.