- My Rating: C
Mongozo Premium Pilsener – Brouwerij Huyghe, 5.0% ABV – 33cl, (Melle, Belgium)
- Fairtrade (as is the case with their fruit beers) – Organic – Gluten Free
Ingredients: water, barley malt, rice, yeast, hops.
- Style: (specialty grain) Pilsener
- Taste: crisp creamy barley malt lager
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
- How much: $3 (after 10% off) – 33cl., January 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours clear glowing golden orange-yellow, small lasting ultra foamy head, lots and lots of fast activity, a good layer of retention.
Nose: barley malts, with a touch of metallic apple. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: creamy crisp
Mid-palate: (lvl-4)-barley sweetness, (MAIN) grassy off-dry barley malts, bread-grainy, metallic
Finish: residual barley sweetness, super light hopped mild bitter finish.
Summary: Crisp and creamy smooth for a lager. But as with most of the limited lagers I’ve tried, this is a straightforward barley malt beverage without much depth or complexity.