- My Rating: A
Rain Organics Vodka, 40% ABV – 750ml., (Frankfort, KY, USA)
- produced in Kentucky, also where most of world’s Bourbon is made (which is made from at least 51% corn)
on the back label:
“Rain is handmade from organic white corn and is distilled 7 times for exceptional taste and smoothness. Rain is all natural…Rain Renews.”
- Style: (corn) Vodka
- Taste: creamy buttery popcorn with minerality
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores (no longer available, 3/2014)
- How much: $50 – 750ml., sometime in 2011 (?)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes
- Would I recommend this to mixologists: yes
Visual: Bottled in a unique-looking and partially frosted glass, which is pleasing to pour as well as to put on your liquor shelf. Topped with a plastic + synthetic cork stopper. Pours crystal clear with tiny droplets clinging to the side of the glass when swirled.
Nose: buttery (almost like popcorn), light-med nasal tingliness, light-med SOFT nasal burn. (Rating: A)
Sensations: silky texture -> (lvl-3) sweetness -> soft/rounded med-high throat warmth -> dry spicy finish
Flavours: simple syrup, buttered popcorn, minerality, plasticky
Summary: This vodka has an extremely unique buttery taste compared to grain/potato vodkas. Supremely smooth with just enough warmth and sweetness, this would be an excellent mixer and sipper.