- My Rating: B-
Floreffe Prima Melior – Brasserie Lefebvre, 8% ABV – 330ml., (Rebecq-Quenast, Belgium)
Ingredients: water, barley malt, roasted malt, hop, canesugar, yeast, spices.
- Style: Belgian Strong Ale
- Taste: honeyed brown sugar malted strong ale
- Where I got it : W. 16th Liquor Store
How much: $4 (after 10% off) – 330ml., September 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours cloudy cola brown with a massive creamy-foamy head, good retention, lots of steady streams.
Nose: Caramel malt, brown sugar, honey, minor alcohol detection (7/10-pungency)
Attack: sharp-heavy sugar hit
Mid-palate: (9/10)-cola sweetness, creamy-fizzy mouthfeel, (MAIN) caramel malts, brown sugar, honey, cola (star anise/clove)
Finish: minor hopped bitter/mainly malty sweet finish.
Summary: A very full and sweet beer, quite a typical Belgian Strong Ale. Not outstanding but no slouch either.