- My Rating: B-
Wide River Reserve Noble Late Harvest Almond Grove Weisser Riesling 2001 – Robertson Winery, 9.5% ABV – 375ml., (South Africa)
- Style: (Riesling, vintage) Late Harvest
- Where I got it : Liberty Wines, Park Royal
- How much: $20 – 375ml., September 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to dessert wine aficionados: no
Visual: 2001, with unique certification numbered sticker on the neck. Pours cola brown, clear with sediment and bits of the old cork that disintegrated while removing it.
Nose: Plum wine, prune juice, caramel sweetness, red grape. (9/10-pungency)
Attack: sweet & sour-acidic, watery mouthfeel
Mid-palate: (9/10)-sweetness, full-bodied sour-tanginess, (MAIN) plum, apple, red grape
Finish: sharp acidity, apple exhale, medium-sweet, light cloying fruity finish.
Summary: Not bad at all for the price. It drinks more like a naturally flavoured, no sugar added plum wine instead of a late harvest Riesling.