- My Rating: A-
Winter Beard Double Chocolate Cranberry Stout Vintage 2013 – Muskoka Brewery, 8% ABV – 750ml., (Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada)
on the back label:
“What could be more reminiscent of a frigid Northern winter than an insulating beard and a warming Muskoka seasonal brew? Our Double Chocolate Cranberry Stout is rich and sturdy with roasted dark chocolate malts, real cocoa, 70% dark chocolate, and freshly harvested local cranberries. Pair that with a slightly higher alcohol content and you’ll find yourself sharing this bottle of joy all winter long. Beard not included.”
- Style: (chocolate cranberry) Flavoured Imperial Stout
- Taste: malty sweetness -> roasted malts/chocolate/general fruitiness -> bittersweet coffee malty finish.
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek Liquor Store
- How much: $14 – 750ml., December 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes, annually
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Metal twisty-tie top with their logo’d cork-sealed. Quality packaging and cool label. Pours jet black-brown with minimal lasting ultra-micro CO2 retention, lots and lots of active streams.
Nose: heavy roasted malts and sweet chocolate, with hints of fruit. (6/10)-aromatic strength.
Attack: silky-fizzy-tingly mouthfeel
Mid-palate: (6/10)-bright fruit-malty sweetnes, (MAIN) deep roasted malts, dark chocolate, chocolate-covered cranberry fruitiness
Finish: chocolate bittersweetness, coffee-malty finish.
Summary: This is a tasty brew that goes down quite smoothly. Pick up one annually if you can.