- My Rating: A-
Moet & Chandon Imperial, 12% ABV – 750ml., (Épernay, France)
-=*~HAPPY 2014!!!~*=- May the new year be filled with joyous times spent with spirits and loving company.
- Style: (Champagne) Sparkling Wine
- Taste: high tart/fruitiness -> acidic-crispness/pear/citrus -> dry/tart/tangy/mostly clean finish.
- Where I got it : Edmonton
- How much: ~$40, Summer 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: of course!
- Would I recommend this to sparkling wine aficionados: yes
Visual: Packaged in a high quality textured paper-based box, twisty-top with authentic cork beneath golden aluminum foil. Pours light golden yellow with a quickly dissipating sizable head, a dense cluster of fast-moving CO2 bubbles right in the center of the Champagne flute.
Nose: Bright acidic apple/white grape with minerality ripeness. (7/10)-aromatic strength.
Attack: extreme grape tartness, high fruitiness
Mid-palate: acidic crispness, (MAIN) pear, sour citrus
Finish: dry & tart, tingly-light tangy, light phlegm but clean fruity finish.
Summary: Superbly drinkable with just the right amount of fruitiness and crispness.