- My Rating: C-
Birra del Buttero Marsilia – Birra Amiata, 4.2% ABV – 750ml., (Arcidosso, Italy)
“Styled upon Leipziger Gose, with an Italian twist”
- Style: (Grodziskie/Gose/Lichtenhainer) Sour Wheat Beer
- Taste: acidic/sour/creamy -> sour meyer lemon/wheat/banana -> salty/bitter citrus hoppy finish.
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
- How much: $10 (after 10% off) – 750ml., July 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Shrink-foil sealed in a heavy duty quality beer bottle. Pours almost clear-light cloudy golden faint yellow with a massive inviting foamy head, a decent layer of creamy retention, sticky lacing, lots of super-fast activity.
Nose: meyer lemon flesh and peel, minor tang. (6)-aromatic strength.
Attack: intense acidity, medium sourness, cream-fizzy mouthfeel
Mid-palate: (MAIN) sour meyer lemon (MILD) wheat, banana
Finish: almost salty, bitter citrus peel hops, lingering bitter-lasting finish.
Summary: I can discern that this an above average beer, but the style of sour wheat beer just doesn’t suit my taste. (Note: numbers above are on a 10-point weak-strong scale)