- My Rating: C
Stowford Press Medium Dry Cider – Westons Cider, 4.5% ABV – 500ml., (Ledbury, England)
- Style: (apple) Cider
- Taste: dense sweetness/fizzy -> red/green apple/woody -> off-dry/tart/apple fruity finish.
- Where I got it : Liberty Wines Park Royal
- How much: $10 (overpaid ~$2) – 500ml., August 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: no
Visual: It doesn’t indicate medium dry anywhere on the front label but is noted as such on the back. Pours light golden apple juice yellow, clear as water with no head and a super thin ringed retention, lots of slow steady streams.
Nose: oaked woody, tangy apple cider. (9)-pungent nose.
Attack: dense sugars, fizzy
Mid-palate: (MAIN) fruity green & red apple, woodiness (HINT) lemon
Finish: cuts off-dry, medium-high tartness, apple fruit juice exhale.
Summary: Not much complexity of flavour, but does hit deep enough with its woody apple aroma and tart/zingy mouthfeel. Average at best. (Note: numbers above are on a 10-point weak-strong scale)