- My Rating: B
Fresh Squeezed IPA – Deschutes Brewery, 6.0% ABV –1 pt 6 fl.oz., (Bend, Oregon, USA)
on the front-side label:
“This mouthwateringly delicious IPA gets its flavor from a heavy helping of citra and mosaic hops. Don’t worry, no fruit was harmed in the making of this beer.”
- Style: India Pale Ale
- Taste: hoppy/creamy -> toffee malt/pine/tangerine -> grapefruit hoppy bitter/caramel malt bittersweet finish.
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor
- How much: $10 (after 10% off) – 1 pt 6 fl.oz., August 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours translucent bright copper brown, small foamy head, thin layer of retention, sticky lacing, several slow streams, suspended sediment.
Nose: grapefruit hops, toffee malt. (5)-aromatic strength.
Attack: incoming bittersweet hops, creamy texture
Mid-palate: (5)-sweetness, (MAIN) toffee malts, pine, tangerine
Finish: deep semi-sweet grapefruit bitter hops, clean caramel malt finish.
Summary: The freshness of the hops reminds me of a less boozier version of Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA. Great drinkability and body. (Note: numbers above are on a 10-point weak-strong scale)