- My Rating: B+
Weihenstephaner Vitus Weizenbock – Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan, 7.7% ABV –500ml., (Friesing, Germany)
from the ratebeer.com:
“A light-coloured, spicy single-bock wheat beer, for both beer lovers and the beer connoisseur. Extra long and cold storage in our monastery cellars makes this single-bock a really special beer with full body and a distinctively great mouthfeel. Prost!”
- Style: Weizenbock
- Taste: crisp fizzy -> wheat/barley/apple/banana -> off-dry/wheat/very light hopped finish.
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
- How much: $18/3pack + Glass (after 10% off) – 3x500ml., July 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: The last of a 3pack gift box. Pours cloudy pale marmalade orange with a decent-sized dissipating foamy head, not much lacing, lots of fast activity.
Nose: banana-apricot-peachy with a bit of citrus tang, very appetizing. (7)-aromatic strength.
Attack: crisp fizziness, apple-fruity sweetness
Mid-palate: (6)-sweetness, (MAIN) wheat malt, light barley malt, apple juice, (HINT) banana
Finish: off-dry transition, light wheat-malt very light hopped bitter finish.
Summary: An excellently balanced brew; the high ABV is well managed with a full body and sweet backbone. Very crisp drinkable texture. (Note: numbers above are on a 10-point weak-strong scale)