- My Rating: C+
Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbeer Dunkel – Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan, 5.3% ABV –500ml., (Friesing, Germany)
from the ratebeer.com:
“Supple, malty and mellow. Its harmonious flavour is the great strength of our dark wheat beer.”
- Style: Dunkelweizen
- Taste: airy/sweet/fizzy -> barley malt/caramel/yeast/toast -> cereal dry/mild hopped malty sweet finish.
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
- How much: $18/3pack + Glass (after 10% off) – 3x500ml., July 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: The second one of a 3pack gift box. Pours translucent pale brown with a smallish lasting foamy head, several steady streams, not much lacing.
Nose: extreme-euro barley malt beverage with a touch of caramel. (9)-aromatic strength.
Attack: airy, sweet-crisp, creamy-fizzy mouthfeel
Mid-palate: (7)-malty sweetness, alcohol detection (MAIN) barley malt, caramel, yeasty, toast (MILD) ginger
Finish: cereal dry, very mild bitter hopped malty finish.
Summary: An okay-decent dunkel displaying the typical flavour of malt. Drinkable, but not my favourite style of brew. (Note: numbers above are on a 10-point weak-strong scale)