- My Rating: A-
Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier – Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan, 5.4% ABV –500ml., (Friesing, Germany)
from the ratebeer.com:
“Nothing refreshes you more than this naturally cloudy wheat beer with its wonderful yeasty fragrance and taste. Goes well with dishes that do not have too intensive a flavour, especially that Bavarian speciality ‘Weisswurst’ or white sausage.”
- Style: (German) Hefeweizen
- Taste: crisp/bubbly -> cereal/banana/wheat/tangerine -> dry/crisp bite/sweet fruity citrus finish.
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
- How much: $18/3pack + Glass (after 10% off) – 3x500ml., July 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes, especially with a meal
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: This is one of three bottles in a gift pack (for myself) that includes their own branded beer glass, which is 99% the reason why I bought it. Pours cloudy luminescent orange with a decent-sized foamy heady, sporadic lacing, lots and lots of activity.
Nose: Bright banana-citrus-pineapple. (8)-aromatic strength.
Attack: sharp, crisp, bubbly
Mid-palate: (4)-cereal sweetness, (MAIN) banana, wheat malts, tangerine,
Finish: cuts wheat dry, tingly crisp bite, clean sweet fruity lemon citrus finish.
Summary: Good range of flavours, depth, and fabulous texture. This is now my go-to beer to accompany my meals (as of 2013-December) (Note: numbers above are on a 10-point weak-strong scale)