- My Rating: FAIL
Forest Fruits Mixed Berry Fruit Beer – Wychwood Brewery, 4.2% ABV – 500ml, (Witney, England)
On the back label:
“A traditionally crafted beer, infused with mixed Bramble berries to deliver a truly distinctive, refreshingly fruity flavour to savour.”
- Style: (Bramble Berry) Fruit Beer
- Taste: artificial sweetener -> red bull/apple -> rough/burpy/medicinal finish.
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $3.50 – 500ml., September 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: A beautiful label on their own branded bottle. Pours pale orange with almost no head nor retention, almost no activity either.
Nose: a very fruity fieldberry nose, a mixture of raspberry-blackberry-strawberry, though somewhat perfume-like. (7)-aromatic strength.
Attack: aspartame-like, medicinal
Mid-palate: fizzy texture, (3)-sweetness, (MAIN) club soda, elderflower, red bull, watered-down apple juice
Finish: rough on the palate, burpy, light apple-medicinal finish.
Summary: It drinks like an under-sweetened energy drink. The body is flat, flavour is awful, and nothing like any bramble berries I’ve ever tasted. NOT recommended. (Note: numbers above are on a 10-point weak-strong scale)