- My Rating: C+
Libra 2008 – Meadow Vista Meadery, 11.5% ABV – 375ml, (Kelowna, BC, Canada)
On the back label:
“Yummy. Smart and Sexy. Luscious and Seductive. This dessert wine has a lovely weight that coats the tongue with perfect balance of sweetness and acidity. The signature back palate of honey has a prelude of apricot, plum and hazelnut.”
- Style: (Mead) Dessert Wine
- Taste: alcoholic/watery -> red apple/apricot/honey/plum -> alcohol bitterness/warm tangy apple finish.
- Where I got it : Hotel Eldorado (Kelowna)
- How much: ~$22 – 375ml., Summer 2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to dessert wine aficionados: no
Visual: Simple and clean-looking sticker label with rounded edges. Pours clear light golden yellow.
Nose: red apple juice with apple cider vinegar. (3)-aromatic strength.
Attack: alcoholic heat, watery mouthfeel (not luscious)
Mid-palate: (7)-sweetness, (MAIN) red apple, apricot, honey, plum (HINT) lemon
Finish: alcohol bitterness, warm tangy-sweet apple finish.
Summary: Nice flavours and balance but sadly has a thin texture that doesn’t quite stick to your palate. (Note: all numbers above are on a 10-point scale, with 1 being weak and 10 being the strongest)