- My Rating: C+
Riesling 2010 – JoieFarm Winery,11.9% ABV – 750ml, (Naramata, BC, Canada)
On the back label:
“Riesling, at its best, balances mouthwatering acidity, a touch of sweetness and moderate alcohol levels in support of aromas and flavours of citrus and tropical fruit, flowers and spice. The greatest examples we know of originate in Germany and it was Germans who brought the first Riesling to the Okanagan Valley.”
- Style: (Vintage) Riesling
- Taste: acidic sugars -> sweet-sour/green apple/pear/lime -> cloying/tart/tangy-tart finish.
- Where I got it : Firefly
- How much: $25 (after 10%) – 750ml., May 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to white wine imbibers: yes
Visual: Aluminum screw cap top, Pours clear light golden yellow, with a few bubbles on the bottom.
Nose: Tangy-sour red/green apple, white table grapes, hints of peach. (4)-aromatic nose.
Attack: acidity/dense sugars
Mid-palate: (6)-sweetness, (7)-sourness (MAIN) (7)-green apple, pear, lime
Finish: (4)-cloying sugars, medium tartness, lingering sour-tangy finish.
Summary: Truly a delicate balance of sweet-sour-tangy-fruit-alcohol, and body as advertised on the front label. (Note: all numbers above are on a 10-point scale, with 1 being weak and 10 being the strongest)