- My Rating: C-
Riesling 2010 – Orofino Vineyards, 12.3% ABV, 750ml, (Cawston, BC, Canada)
on the back label:
“Typical Orofino Riesling full of complex tropical fruit, lime and minerality. Dry with bright acidity.”
- Style: (white wine) Riesling
- Taste Profile: sourness -> green apple/lime/pineapple/papaya -> tart acidity/puckery off-dry finish.
- Where I got it : Firefly
- How much: $23 (after 10% off) – 750ml, May 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to wine drinkers: no, average
Visual: Raised font printed paper label, screw-top cap. Pours light yellow with a few small bubbles.
Nose: green apple, pineapple, lime, lots of acidity and brightness. (7)-aromatic strength.
Attack: intense sourness
Mid-palate: (2)-sweetness, continued sourness, (MAIN) green apple, lime, pineapple, papaya
Finish: lingering tartness-acidity-sourness, puckery off-dry fruity finish.
Summary: Decent body and structure, but I find the acidic sourness too overbearing. (Note: all numbers above are on a 10-point scale, with 1 being weak and 10 being the strongest)