- My Rating: B-
Wyld Wood Premium Organic Classic Cider – Westons, 6.5% ABV, 500ml, (Herefordshire, UK)
- Style: Apple Cider
- Taste Profile: crisp tangy -> woody red apples -> tart/fruity/crisp apple finish.
- Where I got it : W.16th (?)
- How much: $4 (after 10% off), sometime in 2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: yes
Visual: Simple and effect clean-looking label, I like it. Pours deep golden yellow with zero head and zero activity, rather unappealing.
Nose: vanilla-woody and tangy apples (7/10-aromatic strength)
Attack: sharp crispness
Mid-palate: rich tangy, 7/10-sweetness (MAIN) vanilla, woodiness, red apples, (HINT) barnyard, green apple
Finish: medium tartness, fruity sweet, mild saliva thickness, crisp apple finish.
Summary: Major vanilla woodness balanced with clean tart, sweet and tangy apple flavour. Very nice although I wish it was more carbonated.