- My Rating: C+
Cherry Likes it on Top 2010 – Birds & Bees Winery/Meadery (formerly en Santé winery), 13.0% ABV, 750ml, (Brosseau, AB, Canada)
on the back label (interesting read):
“I’ll have my way with you on the table…or in the cabin beside a roaring fire. I know what I like and I get what I want. My carnal desires include beef, elk, and bison. Both naughty and nice, Birds & Bees wines are passionately made from what we produced on our organic farm. To your good health!”
- Style: (cherry) fruit wine
- Taste Profile: fruity acidity -> sweet&sour cherries/blackberry -> alcohol/fruity dryness/tart tangy raisin finish.
- Where I got it : Sherbrooke (EDM)
- How much: $20 (after 10% off), September 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to wine aficionados: yes but doesn’t have the complexity of red wine
Visual: Funny name and funny read on the back label. This wine is produced by the formerly known en Santé winery (this wine was called Wild Wild Cherry); it seems as though they changed their company name but kept their catalog of fruit wines and meads. Pours clear dark ruby red.
Nose: rather weak, with mild half-candied/half-pressed cherry juice
Attack: incoming fruity acidity
Mid-palate: (MAIN) sweet & sour cherries, (HINT) blackberry, medium acidity, alcohol
Finish: fruity but dry(2/10-sweetness), mild tart, light tangy sour raisin finish
Summary: Deep rich flavour, but lacks complexity to be drunk on its own. Goes nicely with a meal.