- My Rating: B
Wilco Tango Foxtrot (WTF) Ale – Lagunitas, 7.85% ABV, 59 IBUs – 1 pt 6 fl.oz., (Petaluma, CA, USA)
- Style: Brown Ale
- Taste Profile: creamy brown sugar -> malt/citrus hops/cola/elderflower -> grapefruity hops/malty bittersweet finish.
- Where I got it : Sherbrooke (EDM)
- How much: $8 (after 10% off), June 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours clear beer bottle brown with a small cream/foamy head, lots of activity.
Nose: brown sugar sweet malts (6/10 aromatic strength)
Attack: creamy/tingly/fizzy mouthfeel, brown sugar sweetness(7/10)
Mid-palate: (MAIN) med-high heavy MALTS, caramel, citrus hops, alcohol (HINTS) cola, elderflower
Finish: medium grapefruity hoppy bitterness, long malty bittersweet finish.
Summary: An interesting balanced brew of sweet malts and bitter hops. Good complexity and drinkability.