- My Rating: C+
Stowford Press Export English Cider – Westons, 6% ABV – 500ml, (Herefordshire, England)
on the back label:
“This extra strength premium cider, produced using the finest ingredients, has been cold filtered to retain its authentic traditional taste.”
- Style: Apple Cider
- Taste Profile: semi-sweet apple tang -> dense apple/woody/tangy -> off-dry/acidic/mild apple finish.
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor
- How much: $6 (after 10% off), May 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: no
Visual: clear bottle, sticker labels. Pours medium dark clear golden yellow with no head and some activity.
Nose: Very woody and tangy filtered apple juice
Attack: 4/10-sweetness, incoming tang
Mid-palate: (MAIN) dense red apple, very woody, tangy/acidic
Finish: off-dry, medium sourness, mild apple exhale finish.
Summary: It has a nice woody body. Straightforward, decent, mildly above average.