- My Rating: B-
Tenute Cisa Asinari Marchesi di Gresy La Serra – Moscato d’Asti 2010, 5% ABV – 375ml, (Italy)
- Style: (crackling) Moscato d’Asti
- Taste Profile: fruity sweetness/fizzy -> muscat/red apple/peach/elderflower -> cloying/sweet juicy finish.
- Where I got it : Legacy (?)
- How much: ~$18, sometime in 2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to dessert wine aficionados: yes
Visual: DOCG numbered label and real cork. Pours pours lightly CO2 white wine yellow with a few clustered streams and bubbles in the glass.
Nose: white muscat grape with some sugars and a bit of acidity.
Attack: 8/10-dense sugary sweetness, light fizzy mouthfeel
Mid-palate: muscat grape, red apple, peach-apricot, hints of elderflower
Finish: light-medium sticky cloying, fruity sweet juicy finish.
Summary: A supremely drinkable palate cleanser and meal finisher wine. It has texture, sweetness, flavour, aroma, and low abv. Somewhat aggressive with the sugars.