- My Rating: C+
Riesling 2010 – Ruby Blues Winery, 12.0% ABV – 750ml, (Penticton, BC, Canada)
On the front side label:
“’Goodbye Ruby Tuesday… catch your dreams before they slip away…’ The shoes represent the dreams we all have…This wonderful painting was created by our friend and brilliant artist Jennifer Grant. The grapes for this Riesling are exclusively from the Naramata Bench. Handpicked Oct.26/2010. This Riesling shows GREEN APPLES, CITRUS and MINERAL FLAVOURS. A wonderful compliment to chicken and various cheeses.”
- Style: (white wine) Riesling
- Taste Profile: medium sweet apple -> green apple/tart/lime/mineral -> sour/tangy/semi-sweet cloying apple finish
- Where I got it: Legacy
- How much: $23 (after 10% off), May 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to white wine aficionados: no, not outstanding enough
Visual: I like the colour matching of the dark red screwcap and blood-red background on the label. Pours standard white wine light yellow, with what appear to be micro-sized bubbles at the bottom of the glass – cool.
Nose: tangy green apple with medium acidity and a hint of lemon/lime
Attack: escalating 7/10-sweetness,
Mid-palate: green apple + tartness, hints of lime, minerality
Finish: medium acidic sourness, tangy, semi-sweet light cloying apple finish.
Summary: Decent body and drinkability, though not particularly complex or remarkable.