- My Rating: D-
Wittekerke Rose (Rosé), 4.3% ABV – 25cl, (Belgium)
On the back label:
“Wittekerke Rosé is a surprisingly tasting Belgian fruit beer. A sweet flavour, a lively colour and a sensual body”
Ingredients: water, barley malt, wheat, hops, RASPBERRY JUICE (10%), fructose, sweetener: ASPARTAME, aromatics.
- Style: (raspberry) Fruit Beer
- Taste Profile: aspartame -> tang/wheat/raspberry syrup -> numbness/sour/rough aspartame dry finish.
- Where I got it : Legacy
- How much: $4 (after 10% off), Octoboer 2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no chance
Visual: 5 years + the original “1” rose beer?? But has that awful aspartame garbage in it… Pours light rosé wine pinkish orange with a small dissipating head, ultra micro CO2, uncountable number of streams.
Nose: medium sweet raspberry juice on the nose
Attack: immediately detectable aspartame artficial sweetness, 7/10-overall sweetness
Mid-palate: medium tang, mild wheaty malts, raspberry syrup
Finish: TONGUE NUMBNESS, medium sourness, very rough aspartame mouthfeel off-dry finish
Summary: This is absolutely terrible. Almost a fail but at least tastes somewhat like raspberry. Buy this for a bad tasting experience.