- My Rating: C+
Ephemere Cherry – Unibroue, 5.5% ABV – 750ml, (Chambly, QC, Canada)
on the back label:
“Ephemere Cherry is an exclusive fruity ale. Its sweet nose of cherries and its fruity and spicy taste will offer you a surprising sensory experience. Please don’t miss out on this pleasure as it will only be ephemeral.”
- Style: (cherry) Fruit Ale
- Taste Profile: very creamy/foamy -> light cherry jam/yeasty -> dry wheat malt/clean finish
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6.50, July 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Fabulous artwork on the label. Cherry and beer = kriek in my mind, and I’ve had some fantastic ones, so how will this compare? Pours pale translucent blood orange with a decent lasting head, foamy CO2, lots of fast activity, on the lees.
Nose: light tangy and bright cherry jam, mildly candyesque
Attack: creamy/foamy mouthfeel
Mid-palate: burpy, SOFT-cherry jam, MELLOW 5/10-sweetness, yeasty
Finish: very WHEATY (airy) DRY malts, light sourness/light tangy, finishes clean but bloated.
Summary: Decent flavour and structure but not terribly exciting, complex, or distinct.