- My Rating: B-
Stag Apple Scotch Ale – Tin Whistle Brewing, 8% ABV – 650ml, (Penticton, BC, Canada)
on the front side label:
“Stag Apple Scotch Ale combines juice from freshly pressed Okanagan apples with rich Caramel malt to create a massive and Majestic Scotch Ale.”
- Style: (apple) flavoured Scotch Ale
- Taste Profile: alcoholic caramel sweetness -> red apple/malts/brown sugar -> off-dry bitter hoppy malty finish
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5.50, July 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: caramel + apple sounds great already! Is it so? Pours clear beer bottle brown with a smallish micro CO2 head, a bit of retention, clusters of fast activity.
Nose: red apple juice and brown sugar caramel malts
Attack: alcoholic 8/10-caramel sweetness
Mid-palate: red apple, thick malts, brown sugar,
Finish: off-dry, soft bitter hops, red apple exhale, malty finish
Summary: Quite a basic flavour profile but enjoyable nonetheless.