- My Rating: B-
Superfuzz Blood Orange Pale Ale – Elysian Brewing, 5.4% ABV – 12 fl.oz., (Seattle, WA, USA)
- Style: (Blood Orange) Pale Ale
- Taste Profile: crisp silky/creamy -> fruity orange/grapefruit peel/malt -> harsh grapefruity bitter finish.
- Where I got it : W.16th Liquor Store
- How much: $15/6pack (after 10% off), June 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: not exactly
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Tasting notes: pours translucent marmalade orange with a very small head, barely any retention, and not much activity. Fragrant orange and grapefruit on the nose – very fruity and inviting.
Attack: crisp, half silky/half creamy, oncoming sharp bitterness
Mid-palate: fruity 5/10-sweet orange, grapefruit peel, malts, hints of pine
Finish: long lingering grapefruity-hopped intense bitter finish
Overall very balanced, drinkable, and a good-textured beer, but also quite aggressive with the hopped bitter finish.