- My Rating: F for f”ng gross
TCHO Milk Chocolate Porter (Choco Stout) – Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub, 7.75% ABV – 650ml, (Victoria, BC, Canada)
on the tag:
“Tcho Milk Chocolate Porter brewed in a Baltic Porter style with a Canadian Pilsner malt base, English Munich, Cara and Chocolate malts, American de-husked chocolate malt and a touch of wheat malt, balanced with 2 pitchings of German Hellertaus hops and farmer empowering, sustainably cooperative produced TCHO Source cocao nibs from Ecuador via Pier 17 in San Francisco.”
- Style: (chocolate) flavoured Stout
- Taste Profile: overwhelming sourness -> barnyard/puke/coffee -> coffee bitter/pukey aftertaste.
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
- How much: $7 (after 10% off), Feb 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no way
Tasting notes: pours cloudy ultra-dark brown with lots of sediment, small head, ringed retention, not much activity. Light roast coffee and malts on the nose.
Attack: aggressive wtf 10/10 sourness, not much CO2 mouthfeel
Mid-palate: malts, barnyard sourness, medium roast coffee, light chocolate
Finish: coffee bitterness, rough sour finish.
Strangely sour for a porter/stout… It could be that this is was just a bad bottle but after reading others’ having the same thought, most likely just a crap brew. Stay away – not enjoyable at all. Sour coffee/chocolate/malt??? wth..