- My Rating: B
Black Mammoth Winter Ale – Fernie Brewing, 8% ABV – 650ml, (Fernie, BC, Canada)
Ingredients: water, malted barley, hops, yeast, cocoa, curacao orange peel.
- Style: (flavoured) Strong Ale
- Taste Profile: milky sweetened coffee -> chocolate/citrus/roast -> creamy/light sour/bitter coffee finish.
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
- How much: $7, February 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yah it’s solid for the price
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Tasting notes: pours extra dark brown with a nice foamy head, good retention, micro CO2, sticky lacing, non-visible activity. Sweet malts and light roast on the nose.
Attack: 6/10-sweetness, creamy/silky mouthfeel throughout
Mid-palate: sweet malts, light roast coffee, creamy chocolate, citrus overtones
Finish: silky buttery mouthfeel, light sourness, light roast-med bitter coffee long finish
Robust, flavourful, full-bodied, and balanced brew from Fernie. Good value for such a delicious beer.