- My Rating: C+
Ephemere Apple Beer – Unibroue, 5.5% ABV – 750ml, (Chambly, Quebec, Canada)
On the back label:
“L’Éphémère Pomme is made in honor of this great fruit. Its effervescence, fresh and refreshing taste as well as its Granny Smith apple nose combine to offer you a unique sensory experience. It pairs extremely well with goat’s milk cheeses, pork or duck. It has known such a success that you will now be able to appreciate its taste all year long.”
- Style: Fruit Beer (apple)
- Taste Profile: wheat malt sweetness -> fizzy/tart green apple/yeasty -> dry/tingly finish.
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $7, sometime in 2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: it’s ok, somewhat interesting
Tasting notes: pours almost clear filtered apple juice yellow with minimal head, and lots of CO2 activity. Very fruity green apple juicy nose with a bit of yeasty banana wheat.
Attack: soft wheat malt, 6/10-candy sweetness
Mid-palate: fizzy, sour tart green apple, mild apple peel fibrous, yeasty, cuts dry
Finish: light rough dry, light soapy green apple, tingly finish.
A dry finish that is excessively dry and wheat/malty for my tastes.