- My Rating: C
Magners Pear Cider, 4.5% ABV – 500ml, (Clonmel, County Tipperary, Ireland)
Ingredients: pear juice from concentrate, glucose, sugar, citric acid, pear flavour, sulphites, colour.
- Style: Pear Cider
- Taste Profile: sweet fizzy yeast -> light pear/light apple -> burpy/med-sweet/light rough finish
- Where I got it : W. 16th Liquor
- How much: $4 (after 10% off), Jan 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: no
Tasting notes: pours clear light white wine yellow with almost no head, no retention, but lots of activity. Bright, sugary pear juice on the nose.
Attack: 9/10-sugary sweetness, fizzy yeast
Mid-palate: light pear, light apple, crispness
Finish: burpy, light-bodied, med-sweet/light rough finish.
Super-drinkable yet overly simplistic. Not much depth of flavour nor complexity of taste. This is more for the non-drinker/casual drinker crowd. Decent with a meal.