- My Rating: C+
Stiegl Radler Grapefruit, 2.5% ABV – 330ml, (Salzburg, Austria)
On the back label:
“Half Stiegl-Goldbrau and half fruit soda from purely natural ingredients for an outstanding low alcohol thirst-quencher. Cloudy appearance due to the added fruit juices including natural grapefruit juice. Part of beer 50%, part of fruit soda 50%. Contains barley malt.”
- Style: Shandy
- Taste Profile: fizzy sweetness -> fruity grapefruit/light tart/mild malts/grapefruit peel -> clean lightly sweetened grapefruity finish.
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
- How much: $3 (after 10% off), September 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: nah
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not quite; it’s mainly for non-beer drinkers
Tasting notes: pours mildly cloudy opulent golden orange, almost no head, thin ringed retention, active streams along the perimeter. Bold, sweet and tangy grapefruit on the nose.
Attack: fizzy, oncoming 8/10-fruity sweetness
Mid-palate: light-med tart, juicy grapefruit, very mild smooth bitter malts, hints of bitter grapefruit peel
Finish: burpy, clean sweet with a very light lingering grapefruity finish.
Drinks much more like a soda than a beer. Not very complex but not intended to be. Quite drinkable but not exciting.