- My Rating: C+
Ugly Sweater Milk Stout – Parallel 49 Brewery, 5.0% ABV – 341ml, (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Style: (Milk) Stout
- Taste Profile: sweet fizzy -> roast coffee/chocolate/malt/creamy -> light coffee bitter/thin finish.
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $12/6pack, December 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no cause you have to buy 6
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Tasting notes: pours a very dark brown with a small head, thin retention, some activity near the surface. Coffee and sweet dark malts on the nose.
Attack: 7/10-sweetness, tingly/fizzy mouthfeel
Mid-palate: coffee, chocolate, malt, creaminess, persistent sweetness brought out by the lactose, light roast
Finish: partially thin finish, light coffee bitter
One of their better ones from this brewery. It goes quite nice with beef but not much carry on its own.