- My Rating: C+
Prometheus IPA – Elysian Brewing, 6.7% ABV – 1 pt 6 fl.oz., (Seattle, WA, USA)
- Style: IPA
- Taste Profile: ultra bitter hoppy/salty -> bitter grapefruit/malt/bitter hops/orange/caramel -> salty-like/bitter hoppy finish.
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey
- How much: ~$9, March 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Tasting notes: Pours a beautiful bright copper orange with a smallish head and not much retention, lots of CO2 activity. Sweet malts on the nose.
Attack: onslaught of 10/10-hoppy bitterness, medium freshness, mild saltiness, 4/10-sweetness
Mid-palate: bitter grapefruit in the background, malts, continuation of hoppy bitterness, orange oil, hints of caramel
Finish: leaves an almost salty-like feeling on the palate, lingering bitter hops.
Final notes: This beer is all bitter hops from start to finish with some grapefruit citrus and malts. I can’t say I love it… but I’m happy I tried it. Too hoppy-bitter aggressive for me.