- My Rating: C
Autumn Wheat Lager – Big Rock Brewery, 5% ABV – 341ml, (Calgary, AB, Canada)
On the front label:
“Pale Barley Malt ripened by prairie sunshine then carefully brewed along with rich Caramelized Wheat Malt, this 5% lager will fill your glass with golden amber hues and a toasty malt character that is reminiscent of fall harvest and the turning of the seasons.”
- Style: Wheat Lager (wheat + barley)
- Taste Profile: medium sweet bready/yeast -> malt/caramel -> thin flat finish.
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $13/6pack mixed, December 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Tasting notes: pours clear copper-amber with almost no head, very thin retention, bits of lacing, a few countable slow streams. Sweet light caramel malts on the nose.
Attack: half fizzy/half creamy CO2, 5/10-sweetness, notes of bread/yeast
Mid-palate: malt, coriander, light caramel
Finish: thin-bodied, watery mouthfeel, very light lingering bitterness, flat finish.
Quite average. Don’t love it, don’t hate it, but won’t drink it again.