Bah Humbug! – Wychwood Brewery, 5.0% ABV – 500ml, (Oxfordshire, England)
On the back label:
“Brewed with the choicest hops & malt, lightly spiced with cinnamon, this is a rich ale complemented with subtle tones of dried fruits. Beer with Cinnamon. (Note: cloves and coriander but no cinnamon in the listed ingredients)”
- Style: Spiced Ale
- My Rating: C+
- Taste Profile: Caramel-orange -> fizzy/cloves/coriander -> malty/med-bitter finish.
- Where I got it: BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $3.50, November 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Tasting notes: pours clear medium dark copper brown with a very small head, light retention, lots of active streams mainly in the center. Malts, cloves and hints of orange peel on the nose. Drinks with 7/10-sweet caramel malts up front, light cocoa, sweet orange peel, light malted bitterness, coriander and cloves near the finish, fading partially thin/watery and medium bitter. Medium complexity, medium depth, okay transitions, okay carry, decent drinkability. Okay flavour profile but body thins out at the finish.