Molson Canadian Lager (in a can), 5% ABV – 355ml, (Montreal, Canada)
- Style: Pale Lager
- My Rating: D+
- Taste Profile: Semi-sweet malted barley/cereal -> fizzy/dry roughness -> light bitter jagged finish.
- Where I got it: BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $12/6pack, Winter 2010
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not in the least
Tasting notes: pours clear pale golden yellow with a very small head, ringed retention, watery pour, lots of active streams. Faint notes of barley malt on the nose. Drinks with a mellow malted cereal 5/10-sweetness up front, quickly transitioning into a fizzy mouthfeel, dry roughness on the tongue near the finish, ending with minimal bitterness. Low complexity, low depth, no carry, okay transitions, okay drinkability. I can see why beginners may like it as it goes down crisp and easy. Would be okay with hotpot.