Hopfenkönig – Schloss Eggenberg, 5.1% ABV – 330ml, (Vorchdorf, Austria)
- Style: Pilsener
- My Rating: C
- Taste Profile: Dry-hopped bitter malts -> yeast/metallic -> crisp clean light hopped bitter finish.
- Where I got it: Brewery Creek/W.16th
- How much: $4 (after 10%), Sept 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not really
Tasting notes: pours clear light golden yellow, small head, ringed retention, micro CO2, some slow streams, cool pull tab a la Japanese energy drinks. Straightforward malts on the nose. Drinks with a semi-dry medium hopped bready maltiness up front, yeast, silky carbonation, metallic, somewhat watery, finishing clean, crisp and lightly hopped bitter. Low complexity, low-med depth, good transitions, average carry, decent drinkability. Average at best, nothing exciting.