Scrapona Moscato D’Asti 2009, 5.5% ABV – 375ml, (Italy)
- Style: (lightly carbonated) Moscato D’Asti
- My Rating: B+
- Taste Profile: Sweet/light syrup/fizzy -> muscat/apple/pear -> mild tart/tangy/light cloying finish.
- Where I got it: BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $15, Summer 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes
- Would I recommend this to dessert wine aficionados: yes
Tasting notes: pours golden yellow with light carbonation and a few bubbles on the side of the glass. Drinks with a 9/10-sweetness, lightly syrupiness, slightly sticky, mild fizzy/burpiness, tastes of dense muscat grape, apple/pear, mild tartness/tang/sourness, finishes slightly cloying as it warms. Highly sippable.