Desperados (beer with tequila) – brewed by Heineken (France), 5.9% ABV – 33cl, (Rueil-Malmaison, France)
- Style: (flavoured) Pale Lager
- My Rating: C+
- Taste Profile: Sugary lemon-lime -> creamy/yeast/bitter lemon peel -> off-dry/rough/lingering bitter finish.
- Where I got it: Legacy Liquor Store
- How much: 3/$9 (after 10%), Nov 2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Tasting notes: pours medium golden amber, almost no head, thin ringed retention, some very slow CO2 streams. Lemon-lime Sprite on the nose. 8/10-artificial-like sugary sweetness up front, slightly cloying, tastes a lot like lemon-lime soda (Sprite), tingly-creamy mouthfeel, mild yeastiness, transitioning into lemon peel bitterness, finishing slightly dry, mildly rough in the mouth, lingering bitter. Low-medium complexity, low-medium depth, okay transitions, not much carry, decent drinkability.
(12/26/2016 re-tasting): lime cordial flavour, a bit of the bitter lime oils but mostly candy-esqe with very detectable palate roughness. Tangy beer with a bit of lime, but nothing compared to fresh lime.