St-Ambroise Apricot Wheat Ale – McAuslan Brewing Inc., 5% ABV – 341ml,(Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Style: (Flavoured) Wheat Ale
- My Rating: C-
- Taste Profile: Fruity apricot -> wheaty sweet malts/yeast/coriander -> bitter/funky/non-clean finish.
- Where I got it: BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $12/6pack, Summer 2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Tasting notes: pours clear golden orange with a small head, ringed retention, lots of active streams. Bright fruity apricot on the nose. Drinks with a bubbly tingly carbonated mouthfeel, tastes of apricot, 7/10-sweet wheaty malts, yeast, coriander, sourish bitter funk thin-watery, non-clean finish. Low-medium complexity, low-med depth, okay transitions, below average carry, below average drinkability.