Chateau d’Armajan des Ormes Sauternes 2005, 14% ABV -375ml, (France)
- Style: (Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc Blend) Dessert wine
- My Rating: B
- Taste Profile: green apple tart/sour/tang -> honey/lemon marmalade -> alcoholic/warm/white grape.
- Where I got it: BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $30, July 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to friends: no
Tasting notes: pours clear light golden yellow. Drinks with slightly thicker than water viscosity but not as syrupy as an ice wine. Starts off with a gentle tart green apple, followed by intense deep rich honey, 9/10-sweetness, medium sour/tang/acidity, hints of lemon marmalade, finishing deep alcoholic and medium warmth, almost salty, white grape on the exhale. Medium complexity, medium depth, good transitions, good carry, good drinkability. Initially not that inviting, but 2nd and 3rd servings are decent.